Saturday, October 6, 2007

Jog-a-thon

Yesterday Olivia's school did a Jog-a-thon, where the kids collected pledges for their school (just the first of many fundraisers that, annoying though they may be, make her school district the best in the area) and then ran, jogged, or skipped as many times as they could around the field in thirty minutes. I worked the water station, and it was so fun to watch these first and second graders' determination. They were all tired by the end, but you could tell they all felt good about themselves for finishing and having fun running together as friends, parents, and classmates. Olivia started with such a bang, running her hardest, that she developed a stitch in her side that she couldn't get rid of until the end, but I am proud to report that she ran 10 laps, and never quit moving, despite her pain! Good job, Olivia!



3 comments:

Erin said...

Congratulations Olivia! I am so proud of you. 10 laps is a long way to run. Way to go!!!

cryssal said...

GO Woogs! How fun! That's my girl.

Kristen said...

I just realized I never commented..m proud of her..go OLIVIA! It looks like she had a great time :)