Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I have a family here on earth......

On Mother's Day they were so good to me............

Olivia made me this card with a poem using the letters in my name!
My husband pulled through with flowers!
And my favorite candy........
One of my favorite movies........
A new book that I haven't read but wanted to........how did he know???

Also, the darling made me the cutest "gift certificate," yes, you heard me, HANDMADE, which said that I was entitled to a new outfit to fit my growing tummy!  He actually TRIED to shop for maternity clothes for me, but got totally overwhelmed and gave up.  

I feel the need to repent of all the times I have called my husband a bad gift giver.......he redeemed himself and then some this year with gifts, and most of all with thoughtfulness.  He made me pancakes for breakfast, cleaned it all up, and made the yummiest flank steak for dinner.  His kind deeds and the words he wrote me in his card were the biggest treasures of all. I have an awesome family.

Sorry for the sickening sweet post!  I heart being a mom!

8 comments:

cryssal said...

Wow! I am way impressed! I gave a few ideas and then he gave enough hits and asked enough ?'s I had my ipod all figured out. Maybe it hits for these guys in their 40s. Not too much longer if so.

Phoebe said...

Way to go Jon!

You ate meat?

Kristen said...

you scored. Jon, your awesome.

Kristen said...

Phoebe, I was surprised she ate meat too...so funny we had the same thoughts! Plus, anyone to refuse one of Jon's meals would be foolish, he makes good meat...so I hear. (I'm teetering on the edge of weirdness..sorrry)

Jen said...

I will eat meat, but am super selective. I like really well done steak, hot dogs, and bacon. I cannot eat any kind of poultry. The verdict is still out on fish. I am ok with certain ground hamburger if it's sparse and well done and seasoned. Any more questions?

Unknown said...

He is a keeper! What a fun day for you!

j and k said...

Dang! You scored big! He always has been incredibly thoughtful and good to you! I have wanted to read that book too. Let me know how it goes. You're a good mom! You deserve it all!

Erin said...

Nice job Jon. I can't get over Olivia's penmanship! Good job. So glad you had a wonderful day... you deserve it.