Tuesday, October 28, 2008

false alarm

Quick update: I went to the hospital this morning after being up since 2:30 AM with contractions. They monitored the baby and me for three hours, and determined that I am simply not progressing much, so they sent me home.  This is the first time in my life I have ever hoped for something to get MORE painful.  I am hoping this is the beginning of the end.  Sorry to all who have guessed days gone by for the big day.  Also, I am worried no one has guessed a high enough weight.  The doc assured me that this is a BIG baby.  I will update or have Jon update if anything changes, but for now I am looking forward to a big Halloween week with the kids, while I suffer through these non-painful-enough-contractions!

10 comments:

Mandy said...

Jen! I am so sorry. That is the pits! Just think, it will all be worth it in a few short days . . .

cryssal said...

I should have had a phone call!!! I could cellularly be your birthing coach.

Alisha B. Whitman said...

I am so sorry too! Hopefully you can get some sleep tonight ... or have a baby quickly. Good luck! And I'll try not to blame the doctors for making me lose the bet - my guess was today.

BIG Brother said...

well, on one hand I wish you'd have this thing so you could be in more comfort, but on the other hand, this is playing right into my guess! you go girl, tomorrow is the day!!

Erin said...

I am sorry they sent you home, but not really since today is the day for me. Thanks for the update, I was waiting with baited breath all day yesterday. At least there is some progress, here's to a new baby, soon. Wahoo!

Mel said...

Dang! I have been thinking about you everyday, hoping SOMETHING is going on. Thanks for the update, even if it was a false alarm!

By the way, from one prego mom to another, I would like to change my prediction for you:

Still will say BOY
16 lbs
26 inches
He will come out walking and talking, sleeping through the night, a great eater and only take a week to potty train.

Here's to hoping... (well, okay, maybe not that big)!

Kristen said...

Well at least SOMETHING happened right? :) I am still holding strong with halloween day, although for your sake, I hope its this afternoon!

Fancy Nancy said...

Oh Jen, hang in there!!! The end of a pregnancy can seem eternal... but it will happen soon. Maybe the trunk and treat tonight will do it!

Gel said...

Jen,
First of all... you better call me next time instead of driving yourself to the hospital!!
You looked so great last night!
I think we need to have a HSM karaoke night!

Stephen T said...

Ok, after you go walking tonight trick or treating this baby will decide to come. 9 lbs 6 oz, 22 in.,
born just after midnight, so Nov 1.