Monday, December 1, 2008

many thanks...

The arrival of baby Ian has left me little time to blog, however, with late nights, early mornings, and more time at home than I have ever cared to have; my mind and heart have been full of gratitude for the service that our family has received during this transitional time.  We have had many, many wonderful meals brought to us, treats dropped by, and kind visitors who came to welcome our sweet new boy.  We've had flowers, fruit and cards sent, as well as gifts and kind phone and email messages.  We have been overwhelmed by how many people care about our little family.  Hopefully we remember to thank you each individually, but know that each act of kindness has lifted a burden and brought many smiles.  My other children have LOVED the attention that so many have shown to them, as well.  

We also have had some far away visitors come to help, and they REALLY saved my bacon! Erin, your visit meant the world!  You never stopped!  Please come back again soon when I can treat you like a guest!  And, WHY oh WHY did I not take any pictures while you were here?  Any hoo, the pictures in my mind of you loving my kids, holding my baby, and cooking your yummiest lasagna are clear and crisp.  Thank you!

And then came our AWESOME Grandma Bonnie.  She stayed for a week and worked her little tail off.  From cleaning up spilled hot chocolate powder (M and M tried to make their own while we were both otherwise engaged) and cooking dinner, to letting me sleep in and take naps EVERY SINGLE DAY and getting Olivia ready for school; there are no words to express how grateful I am that I have such a great mom.  I have missed her every single day since she left.  Especially the days where I have been alone!  I think having four kids is too much for me, but I am pretty sure it's too late now.

Here are some pictures of why we love Grandma Bonnie:




I can't do this alone, Mom, PLEASE COME BACK!  

4 comments:

Erin said...

Jen, you are too nice. What are friends for? I would come out again in a heartbeat. I had such a great time with your wonderful family. Can't wait until next time.

cryssal said...

Gotta love that Grandma Bonnie, we totally do too! She is an awesome Grandma! Erin is so freakin' nice, I think in Texas they would say, "she's nice as pie". We are trying to be visitors too!

Nicholle said...

Four seemed a over whelming for me too...but you can do it! He is such a little lover!

grandma bonnie said...

I LOVED every minute I was there with all my babies! I miss you all so very much and watching the "oz" in the a.m. What a way to start a day!! Love, Mom and grandma Bonnie