Friday, May 1, 2009

Half birthday...

My little caboose is six months old. I am super contemplative and sad as I post this. This little guy is it!  Everything he does: his milestones, his firsts, and the things he outgrows just mean that he's getting older, growing up, and one step closer to leaving me! It is hitting me so hard that this is the last time that I will have a little one to hold, cuddle, coo at, and take care of.  I am so grateful to you, baby Ian, for teaching me how to slow down, let things pile up a little, ignore the phone ringing, and just look at you, hold you, and rock you.  It has taken me until number four to finally realize how quickly it goes, how precious each of them are, and really what "in the blink of an eye" means.

He celebrated his six month mark by sitting up for 20 minutes straight without tipping over while he played with toys scattered all around him!

14 comments:

Aspen said...

He is SOOO cute Jen! I need to learn to slow down and enjoy a bit more. You're telling me I have to wait until #4 for that? Oh no!

j and k said...

WHat? When did that happen? I thought you were just pregnant! He's so adorable and he is changing so quickly.

Mandy said...

You are totally right. Ian! I command you to slow down! What a cutie.

Kristen said...

What a love bug, he is SO adorable :) And sitting up!! What?! You'll be so glad when you have 3 teenagers in the house at the same time that he is your last. And you are always so good about enjoying every minute. Happy half birthday Ian!

Nicholle said...

He is so cute!

Marta said...

Holy Cow!! Could he be any cuter!!! I love it!
It is sad how fast they grow up, hugh! I have to say though, even with a 12 year old, I still can't pick a favorite age. They all are so special and unique!

Erin said...

Happy Six Months little man. He is so cute! I can't believe it has been six months. He is such a little love. I completely understand your sadness.

Mel said...

He is so handsome! I am glad you are enjoying this bittersweet time. You have every right to hang onto every "first" and memorable moment. I hope he has continued the sleep-filled nights for you!

Sue said...

I know this isn't much consolation now BUT you will get to cuddle and coo again when you babies have babies. It's a whole new world. I love your babies...every last one of them.

Raina said...

6 Months? really?? I LOVE that middle picture!! In fact, I had it up, and Emile said "wow... cute.. who's that!" He's growing too fast! We can't even catch up with him.

cryssal said...

This makes me sad. I need to be there! I miss seeing all of you grow up.

Gel said...

He is so cute!! His little cheeks are just too much! I love them. I can't believe its been 6 months!!

grandma bonnie said...

Just STOP IT JEN...you make me cry! He is so darn cute I can not wait to kiss those adorable cheeks! I am just thankful you did not have to have three more to get the message...ENJOY EVERY MOMENT!!!Love you!

Ashley said...

Jen he's so beautiful!!! I love it!