Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fun with phonics (warning:not for the faint of heart)

Tonight when we were driving to dollar ice cream cone night at Baskin Robbins I overheard a funny conversation going on in the back seat between Max and Molly.  It started out pretty typical, they love to converse about one another's parts...it went down like this:


"Monny, I have a penis, you don't have a penis, I have a penis (could he use that word any  more times in one sentence???).
"Puh....puh...penis...Mom, does penis start with "P?"
Yes, Max it sure does!
"Monny not have a penis, right?"
That's right, she does not.
"No, I have a bagina...buh, buh, buh....bagina start with "B," Mom?"
I'm not composed enough to answer at that point.
"No, Monny...it's jina.  Juh, juh, jina starts with "J."
"Oh."
Just when I hoped it was over, I hear Olivia quietly remark, "I think it starts with "V."
Hooked on phonics is working for us...don't say I didn't warn you!

14 comments:

Aspen said...

I am laughing so hard at this!

cryssal said...

H H H does Ha start with an H? So cute and so funny! Love those guys!

Betsy said...

At least they did not have this conversation while actually inside Baskin Robbins! Too funny!

Reba said...

Hilarious!

Marta said...

Oh my gosh, I can't stop laughing! Thanks for sharing- that made my whole day!!! I sure miss you!

Fancy Nancy said...

That's hilarious! The joys of three year old twins.... a "p" boy and a "b" girl!!!

Mandy said...

Ha ha ha snort ha ha!

Raina said...

hehehe... this is too funny. At least you won't have to worry about the 5th grade for them. They already know their anatomy!! :D

Emmalee said...

This just made my day!!! Life must never be dull at your house!

j and k said...

I think they might be able to teach their own maturation class, and PERFECTLY emphasize all the right key notes and sounds. Seriously...hilarious! Sorry I couldn't talk longer today. Miss you!

Gel said...

That is so funny!! I love it!

Unknown said...

Laughing hard!! Your kids are so funny!!!!

Kristen said...

I thought I had commented. but now that I think about it, I probley just laughed over the phone with you. You'll be so happy you recorded this, some day you'll all die laughing, just like we are today!

Erin said...

What a great story. So glad you wrote it down.