Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'm not lucky, but I'm definitely.......WICKED!

So, a friend told me about this great thing called the "Wicked Lottery."  It's where you show up at the auditorium box office 2 1/2 hours before showtime and enter your name in a drawing.  If your name is drawn, then you get the chance to buy two tickets to that show for only $25 each. And, they are best available seats.  So, I thought, what the hay, and Olivia and I headed off to try for the matinee showing this afternoon.  We stood in the cold, we entered our name, and we waited in agony as the guy in charge made us suffer through joke after joke between each name he called.  Well, surprise! My name didn't get drawn.  I swear I never win anything!  We were super bummed, but then the guy announced that a limited number of tickets would be available to lottery LOSERS (that's me!) inside at the box office.  I scurried in there and scored us a couple of seats on the fifth and sixth row (I could literally see the spit coming out of Elphaba's mouth!)!  For $41 dollars each!  Yippee!  So, today, my big girl and I had ourselves a DATE, and we are still on cloud nine!  


On Monday, Olivia is going to tell her teacher that the flying monkeys ate her homework...

It's a legit excuse!  If you haven't seen it, GO!  It's magical...

10 comments:

Marta said...

That is the best story ever!! I am so excited for you two! What a night to remember! I can't wait for little mommy/daughter dates! Mommy/son dates rock too, though.

Raina said...

This is CRAZY! I wish I had known... I would go again in a heartbeat! I'm so glad that you and Olivia had a nice date! You are definitely wicked. :D

Aspen said...

So awesome! I had no idea, or I might have tried to go again. What a steal and fantastic seats!!

Kristen said...

so lucky!!! Cant wait to hear more!

cryssal said...

How fun! I wish I could have gone.

Alisha B. Whitman said...

I'm so jealous! That sounds so fun - and a mommy/daughter date ... I can't wait for that!

Gel said...

I'm so glad that you got to go. I might have to look into getting tickets. It sounds fun!

j and k said...

We just went too, and it was unreal, huh! Did you have the U/S for Glinda or the real one? Ours was the U/S but she was hilarious! ANd, Elphaba was AMAZING! I was just watching with tears streaming! I'm so glad you got to go-and your way was WAY too awesome! Congrats on an awesome win!

Stacy said...

I'm so glad you were able to see it. Mason and I went last week too. He tried very hard in his middle school way to not like it, but finally gave in and enjoyed every second. (Why do I see your husband more than you?)

Erin said...

YIPPEE!!! I am so excited for you both. I am glad it worked out. Well worth the effort ladies!