Saturday, April 25, 2009

a gift

Last night baby Ian gave me a gift.  A long overdue, much appreciated gift....(drumroll......) he slept through the night!  Yippee!  I finally cut the apron strings and put him upstairs in his crib, because with him right beside me, I think he smelled me and had to be with me all night (I am magnetic that way). When I fell asleep I thought it would be a night full of trips upstairs to comfort the little guy, but the next thing I knew it was 5 AM and Jon was sleeping next to Pamela Anderson.  Still no peep.  I fell back to sleep and he finally woke up STARVING at 6 :15.  He got in bed with me and we cuddled back to sleep until 8:45.  What a way to start a Saturday.  Wish me luck tonight!

13 comments:

Kristen said...

Well, Pam, I can understand why he would want to sleep next to you all night with those cans :) Way to cut the strings and try it, what a reward!! :)

Mandy said...

Well put Kristen. I especially love your use of the word "cans". Classic.

Unknown said...

Congrats - the best gift! Pam - so funny! :)

j and k said...

Dear Pam,

You are a very tempting specimen. I can see why Ian would have a hard time separating. Do you by chance have any excess to donate? I seem to have lost mine due to post baby nursing.

Forever indebted,
A friend who is envious
ps. good luck on the sleep tonight!

Phoebe said...

I am loving the Pamela comparison.

cryssal said...

That Ian is such a kind thoughtful boy!

Raina said...

yaaaa hoo.. sleeping through the night!!! did he do it again? I hope so. Way to go Pam!

Sue said...

I'm sitting here reading the part about your husband sleeping next to Pamela Anderson and wondering "what the heck is she talking about" then it dawned on me...you must be engorged! I get it now. Sometimes I'm a little slow.

Emmalee said...

Oh, I am SO jealous!! Last night our little one woke up 5 times to eat!!! What's up with that?

Erin said...

I think you should be fine tonight...Pamela. Meow!

Fancy Nancy said...

That is a great milestone! Look at Ian's beautiful long lashes... WOW! I bet Jon didn't mind...

Marta said...

You are so stinking funny! Yay for sleeping through the night. Now maybe "Pam" might have enough energy to......do some laundry. Get your mind out of the gutter! :)

Betsy said...

Nice...lucky you (and Jon). Ella's still not sleeping through the night. The little munch-mouth wakes up at midnight every night and then sleeps until 7 or 8. At least Craig feeds her at night!