Wednesday, August 19, 2009

stitches

My little guy had a big accident on Sunday, just as we were packing up and getting ready to leave Utah! Somehow he got bounced too hard on the trampoline and fell on the bar, smack on his head. I didn't see it happen, but my guess is a big kid bounced him accidentally. Olivia brought him inside and there was blood everywhere. Luckily, there was a doctor in the house, whom I deferred to right away. Uncle Glenn sat him up on the counter and determined that the best route would be to get some stitches, so he and Jon jumped in the car and took him down to the Urgent Care. They walked in and Glenn walked right up to the counter and informed the nurse that he would be needing a room (connections are great, I tell you). They got to the exam room and stitched him up (with quite a struggle, I might add, Glenn said he might have been the hardest fighting kid he'd seen!), and he left with four stitches.


So, my big birthday plan of buying the kids a trampoline for their shared birthday is thwarted, as I now feel SICK about this darn accident. Dr. Glenn said "he'd never own one of those dag-blamed things" and I think I have come to feel the same.

A big bang ending to an otherwise accident-free vacation. Since they left the Urgent Care Max has not once complained about his head, and seems to be basically unscathed. And, if he's lucky and has my dad's hair line, no one will ever see the scar. If he gets his daddy's genes...........poor guy.

13 comments:

marta said...

Ooohh. Darn it!!! I am glad he is o.k. We have a trampoline, and although my kids LOVE it, it is indeed a big stressor for this mommy as well!
It sounds like I missed seeing you again! I am sooo sad! Maybe next time! :) I am glad you had a great trip!

Raina said...

oh no!!! He still looks handsome despite the drama! I hope it heals quickly, and I'd take his fighting the Dr as a valiant spirit! :D

j and k said...

Dang it! I didn't know! What a brave little guy. I hope it heals (scarless) quickly!

cryssal said...

I could have made it all better if you guys would have come this way before heading home!

Nicholle said...

I bet you felt very blessed that it happened where it did. We have never bought a trampoline. I have never gotten warm fuzzies when I have thought about getting one! We also sold all of our heely's after Tage's accident at my house!

Kristen said...

Darn it! And you were so excited about that great birthday gift! Maybe you could build it into the ground..have you seen those that are equal with the ground? Just a thought. Sorry little Max...so sad, but he looks so cute in that picture still. You had the hook up with uncle Glen!

Stacy said...

Poor Max! Tell him scars look "studly" on guys. Glad you had an otherwise fun trip and glad to have you back!

Sue said...

We had a trampoline and the BIG KIDS used it for a springboard off the roof. One kid broke his arm and had to go to ER. They make them with cages now but our neighbor has one and the cage has all ripped off leaving these big metal poles to run into. Doesn't look safe to me. My kids did love their trampoline though. Tough call!!

Erin said...

Oh, poor Max. I can't believe he has stitches and now my panic about our trampoline just increased by a bunch. Bummer it happened just before leaving. So fun to see you, hope you had great trick.

grandma bonnie said...

Wouldn't have happend at this grandma's house! Poor little guy! Tell my Maxwell to stick to the vacums, OK? Kiss his head for me!

Gel said...

Poor kid. I'm glad u had fun in Utah. Hope he feels better soon!

Fancy Nancy said...

I am sorry about the stitches! All I can say is I hope he feels better and welcome to the world of little boys!!!!

Lisa said...

I think stiches, broken bones, sticks and stones. That is just what boys are made of.