Wednesday, October 28, 2009

S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E!!!

I was a sneaky little devil this past weekend, and I flew home to surprise my mom for her 60th birthday! It was super fun to get away with just my littlest, and the look on my mom's face when we showed up at her office with a bunch of balloons was just PRICELESS! We had a great time in Utah enjoying the crisp fall weather and beautiful colors!


Ian and I got to see my whole family and some dear friends. Jon held down the fort at home, and I don't even think they knew we were gone! He had them doing chores and earning their keep. After seeing how capable he is, I will feel good about leaving more often! Thanks, Jonny, I am already planning my next trip...

8 comments:

Alisha B. Whitman said...

How fun! I bet Ian loved the one-on-one mom and grandparents attention too.

grandma bonnie said...

Thanks sweetie girl for making my 60th alitle more tolerable! We had such fun with you and Ian boy!

Raina said...

This is so fun, and such a cute picture! I can't wait to hear all about the trip! Glad you're home safe and sound too. :D

Phoebe said...

I am so glad it went well! Where is the next get-away going to be?

Nicholle said...

How fun for you! Isn't it nice knowing that our husbands can do it without us! Even though it is nice to be needed at home...it's nice to have a break!

Betsy said...

So FUN!!! I haven't even had this next baby and am already daydreaming about getting a break from two kiddos!

cryssal said...

Let's plan a trip!!!

Gel said...

I'm sure that was a great b-day present for your mom. I want to see the pictures and clothes!! Sounds like you had a great trip.