Monday, April 5, 2010

The flour game

I thought there should be documentation somewhere of us playing "The Flour Game" (with powdered sugar). Here's how it works. We go around the table, clapping a rhythm and naming things in a chosen category (i.e. forest animals, cousins, Thomas Trains) and if someone messes up the rhythm, they have to cut the flour from top to bottom. As the tower gets smaller and smaller, you have to be really careful not to let the coin drop (or for Easter, the candy). If it drops on your watch you have to go in after it with your teeth. It all makes for great fun and lots of silly laughter!

Here is Jon showing Molly how to have a steady hand.
She goes it alone...
I force Max to get the dang jellybean.
Olivia gets it. (Ian wants to know WTH?)
Good times...

11 comments:

cryssal said...

My kids always loved playing that game with you guys! It hurts my teeth to think about going sfter the coin in Powdered sugar!

Mandy said...

Thanks for an idea for our next FHE activity!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

You guys are so creative! How fun!

j and k said...

CPVIMH (Creative parenting voice in my head) I wish I could bottle your cuteness as a mom. You are so adorable and always have fun activities!

Sue said...

This has been a fun family game for many years. Have you tried the "sunflower seed race" on them yet?

Unknown said...

Fun game! I love the pictures but the one of Ian is the best! :)

I agree that you must have cinnamon rolls for Conference! YUM!

Your spring break looked like a lot of fun and very busy! congrats on catching the biggest fish!:)

Love and miss your cute family!

Gel said...

That is a great game! We'll have to try it!

Kristen said...

fun game..I wanna play :) I agree, all the pictures are the cutest, but the one if Ian just kills me..I loveit!

I miss you cute people!

Ashley said...

I remember playing that with flour and a dime...your way sounds much tastier!! Those little family games make such wonderful memories!!!

Aspen said...

This game sounds so fun! I love that you get to interact with the family AND get messy!

Brittany said...

i must be the only non-parent commenting because as fun as the game sounds...it's the picture of ian that busted my gut! so, so funny! (i especially love your caption.)