Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What to do?

This is how I keep finding my oldest and youngest in the mornings. Not good. I have explained to Olivia in a zillion ways why it's not good for her to put him in bed with her, but she just can't resist him when he's crying her name and sad. He is very irresistible when he's sad. Every night I say, "Ian, you need to sleep in your own bed." He smiles and says, "No! Ya ya" (which translates to Olivia). What should I do??? I don't even hear him cry, she takes care of things that quickly. It's nice of her, really, but such a bad habit. Oh dear...

7 comments:

Sugarlene said...

Oh, it's ok. It won't last forever!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

And I know this won't help, but it's oh so cute!! I don't have a clue how you would stop the practice, but in the meantime you can be grateful that your kids love each other so much! It really is SO cute.

Phoebe said...

I love it!

Now I am trying to figure out a way to get Henry to wake up with Sully at night:)

Unknown said...

Darling - I hate those behaviors that are so cute but still need to be corrected - they are the hardest! Good luck!

Nicholle said...

I agree with Shirl...it won't last forever and not hurting a thing! I think it is so tender!

cryssal said...

I think I would do the same thing as O. You could move him downstairs!

j and k said...

Ah, I say leave it...how cute is that? One day it will be gone and you'll be missing it! They are darling and I"m so impressed with Olivia's mothering abilities...she's learned from the best and she'll be a tender little mom some day!