Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Happenings...

Here are some recent happenings and thoughts as we get into this busy season. My mom took this darling picture of Max reading to Ian in his bed. Ian loves to get under Max's covers and look at books. It's darling and quite endearing. Ian loves anything Max loves, and when they get along, they are the best of friends!
Our first Sunday of Christmas clothes.
This is how I found the Nativity pieces when I returned from taking M and M to school Monday morning! How sweet is that? Max is so into this Nativity set this year. It's been a big hit!
Family self photo. I love how I look like an amazon woman and Max just looks sad.
The kids saw the real Santa at the Festival of Trees. They were so excited and no one cried in the picture, which I really appreciated!
So, we are getting ready for Christmas and trying to squeeze all of our favorite things in! We have already seen Santa twice, gone to our town's tree lighting, and been through the live nativity "Follow the Star," which was just amazing! I am trying to keep my head together and muster up some holiday spirit! Seeing my kids' excitement is pretty contagious, so I try to focus on that and all of the fun we have together during the holiday season, and not so much on the mile long to-do list that bogs me down. I hope your season is getting off to a jolly start!

6 comments:

cryssal said...

Yay! I love the outfits! I love the reading, Santa and all of you!

Sue said...

Everyone is growing up so fast (well not Jonny heart and Amazon Woman...) Take comfort that your tree is still taller than you are. I'm just teas'n ya!

Kristen said...

oh yay! I love seeing this fun christmas post. You all look adorable, of course. For someone who may not be fond of the business that christmas brings, you sure do a great job of hiding it, what fun things to be doing! Cute tree too!!

j and k said...

So fun! You guys all look so cute in your Christmas finery ( and not at all amazonian-rather, hot babian) and I love all the fun things your'e doing! What a good mom to provide so many awesome activities!

BIG Brother said...

Such an amazingly beautiful family! I'm glad you've got the spirit, I just can't seem to find any anywhere. I'd just as soon skip it all, but not sure the kids would forgive me, so I'll do Christmas for them, but doesn't mean I have to enjoy it. Miss & love all your faces!

Jake Van Wagoner said...

Holy Moly you guys are cute