Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My favorite holiday, but where are the pictures???

I love Thanksgiving. It is hands down my favorite holiday. The sole purpose of it is to be grateful. To celebrate our bounty. To come together with loved ones. There are no gifts. No expectations of gifts. No disappointment over gifts. You get my drift. This year was a little melancholy without my Dad. Even though I have spent many Thanksgivings away from home, I have always talked on the phone with my dad, and I can remember many wonderful years with him, doing what we both loved to do.....eat. We missed him this year. We were very thankful to have my mom with us, though, and the kids loved loving her and having her here to play Legos, Sorry, and read them stories. We managed to keep it light and got through it with lots and lots of pie and plenty of tears. I am terribly bugged that I didn't take more photos. I am hoping my mom can fill in my gaps! We had a yummy meal and a pretty table. You'll have to take my word for it.

Molly with her turkey leg. Classy.
The 2nd annual "Thankful Tree" We all wrote what we are thankful for on paper leaves and hung them on the branches. It was heavy laden when we were done and there wasn't a leaf left to be written on. Even in times of great sadness, there are many rich blessings to count.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I count all of you as my richest blessings and pray that your life will be full of bounty and that you will recognize the richness in all that we have.

5 comments:

cryssal said...

I love that Grandma Bonnie got to be there with you! I also love Max's shirt! I will have to show Tage.

j and k said...

You don't even need the pics. Anyone who knows you knows the meal was FABULOUS, the table gorgeous and the company the best! I'm so glad you had your mom there, though I'm so sorry that you have the loss of your father. One thing is for sure, he smiles down on you!

BIG Brother said...

It was definitely not the same without dad & his relish tray on Thanksgiving. I was pretty depressed the whole weekend but I am very thankful that mom got to spend the holiday with you guys, that had to help!

Raina said...

I'm so glad your Thanksgiving was awesome! Your mom looks adorable, and that picture of Molly chomping on that leg is precious!

Gel said...

I'm glad you had fun with your mom! I love the tree idea and Molly with her turkey leg is very classy!!