Monday, November 8, 2010

Gratitude...

Today I have felt grumpy and blue. Could be the rain. Could be Monday. Could be the wicked stomach virus that attacked me this weekend. Excuses, excuses! So, I decided that I need to start some "gratitude posts" (original, right?) to get my month on the right track and refocus my thoughts. Since my children pop into my mind right away when I think of what I am grateful for, I will start with them. From the top!

I am super grateful for Olivia. She is the greatest OLDEST child. She is super responsible. She is always willing to help. She takes great pride in her "jobs" and does them with such attention to detail. She loves her baby brother, Ian, and is always watching out for him, playing with him, offering to get him dressed, and sometimes sneaking him out of his bed at night when he is sad to snuggle him (and sometimes he is still there in the morning when I wake them up!). She loves to be a part of any project and is always willing to try new things. She is a great listener and tries to get things right each time she attempts them. She loves school and learning new things. She loves to do projects, write stories, and draw. She also loves to write notes to people. I get to be on the receiving end of lots of her notes, which I really enjoy. She recently wrote a letter to the tooth fairy inquiring about her life and hobbies. So cute. She is such a believing, innocent girl, which I am so grateful for. She has a simple ability to trust, and it is a great strength.

As daughters and mothers go, we have our struggles, but Olivia teaches me every day a little about patience. I appreciate that about her. She is always quick to apologize to me and quick to accept my apologies!

Olivia is super affectionate, too. Which is so sweet. I hope that she never gets "too old" to hug and kiss her mom and dad and siblings.

Olivia has lots of enthusiasm for the sports she plays, which is what makes her so fun to watch. She doesn't compare herself to the rest of the crowd, yet, which is such a great thing, because it helps her to enjoy every game. I am grateful for being able to sit on the sidelines and cheer for her and hope she always enjoys sports and being active.

Olivia is such a blessing in our family, and we are grateful every day that we are lucky enough to have her!
*photo by Kristen*


9 comments:

Alisha B. Whitman said...

That is TOO cute that she gets Ian to snuggle with when she's sad! What a great helper.

Unknown said...

What a darling post and a darling girl!

Kristen said...

Love this. Sweet Olivia, and wonderful mom!

Raina said...

I love how helpful she always is! She is always smiling, and a joy to have around!! This is a cute post.. great picture, and it made me smile just reading it!!!

Brittany said...

i liked this post. olivia is always so friendly when i'm at your home and those eyes! such a window into the beautiful person she is!

j and k said...

I love your ability to describe all of their wonderful qualities! Olivia and Molly are such good girls, and will be very strong, smart, sweet women. I adore them.

cryssal said...

Olea! Your gratitude posts make me smile! It makes me miss everyone! We love O too!

Phoebe said...

I dream of having Olivia around to help me all of the time. She really is SO great.

BIG Brother said...

love Woogs! she is such a take charge kinda gal, playing with all the kids and taking care of everyone!