Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween!

So, Halloween was busy this year! We had Olivia's school fall carnival, a costume birthday party, the ward carnival/trunk or treat, and a friend costume party for Olivia. There were lots of dress-up opportunities and non-stop fun and candy! Here is Olivia in her bat costume that Jon and I painstakingly made (it took us at least 3 hours in which we disassembled an umbrella and created a very life-like bat, if I do say so myself).
Our ward did a Fall Carnival/Trunk or Treat Saturday night. We had fun dressing up and doing games. Max and Molly both won on the Cake Walk! Love this cupcake!


Games! They are shooting bears. Max loves anything with shooting.
My little Mickey.
Here is my crew before trick or treating.
Here is Ian, 5 houses into the night! (crashed on Abby's shoulder)
I'm glad this nun took time off to pass out yummy treats to my Batman and my Witch.
Super fun Halloween season. It was just the right amount of spooky and fun, and the candy, well, it's endless. Any tips on how to get rid of it without any tantrums?

5 comments:

Kristen said...

That bat costume turned out awesome!! totally the coolest bat costume Ive seen. And the kids look SO cute, I just love Halloween. And can I tell you that I LOVE that you got a picture of the door? Those are my favorite shots.

Brittany said...

you did a great job with the bat costume! it turned out really well! along with all the other costumes. ian really does make the cutest mickey ever!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Very impressive bat costume! Also love that Molly took advantage of the festivities and wore two different costumes. Glad they had fun!

Unknown said...

all your kiddos looked so cute! looks like you had a great time! :)
one thing we do is have what we call a 'halloween witch'. my kids get to pick out a certain number of candy pieces, then they put their treat bags out on the back porch for the halloween witch to come get. the next morning, the halloween witch has left a tiny toy or something....(whatever i pick out :) in place of all the candy. that's what we do. out of sight, out of mind. :)

cryssal said...

I like the witch idea. Caralae picks out some of the candy and then takes the rest to a dentist in town who buys it for $2 a pound and then sends it to the troops. She made $20 this year! I love all the costumes and the Dorothy dress has sure been worth all of its original frustrations! Not to be a me-er but I was sad that this was the first year Tage wasn't that into dressing up!