Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Second day of gratitude

And then there is Molly.
Molly-heart.
Molls.
I am so grateful for my Molly for so many reasons! She is a funny girl. Really funny. She has a sense of humor. A real one, at a young age. I love it! She has wit. Sarcasm. Silliness. Physical comedy. All of it. She is totally entertaining. She loves to tease (sometimes that doesn't go over super well, but she means no harm). She likes to make us laugh. She has a great laugh herself, and often gets the giggles with Max or Olivia over their made up words that just dissolve them to the floor. She keeps us smiling and laughing and there is no greater gift!

She is also a great dancer and is so fun to watch. I am so grateful that she loves to dance and loves to watch others dance. The highlight of her year last year was going to the Nutcracker and she is already counting down the days until she goes this year. She loves her dance class and her dance teacher and all of her dance friends so much. She entertains us all of the time with her "shows" where she dances to whatever is on the ipod with serious intent, as if each step were choreographed just for us!

Molly is a smarty. I am grateful that she loves to read, and to learn. It brings me great relief! She loves books and loves to write notes and spell words and learn about anything new. Her joy of learning is inspirational and I am grateful that she has reminded me of that part of myself that has been on a shelf.

I am so grateful for Molly's ability to lead. She is the one in charge of her and Max, and he is OK with that. He always looks to Molly for guidance and approval, and she is quick to take his hand and protect him. I love that she is the "big sister" to him, even though she is only three minutes his elder!

I am grateful for Molly's loving and forgiving heart. She teaches me so much each day and she is a perfect second child and second daughter.


*photos, of course, by Kristen*

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You have such a talent for putting into words the way you feel about your children. I love what you have to say about them! She is very beautiful!!

Mandy said...

You are such a lucky mom to have two such sweet beautiful girls!

bontovi said...

What a gorgeous young lady.. like her gorgeous momma.

Brittany said...

can i say "ditto" to all three comments left so far?

it's such a joy to have molly in my primary class! i love the way she makes me feel special EVERY time i see her! i'm going to be sad if we switch classes next year...

cryssal said...

Molly Connieshaush! We love her! And she is such a funny silly head too!

BIG Brother said...

such a sweet little girl...I miss her tickles & her reading to me!