Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Messes......


So, yesterday, when I was loading my blog with all of the pictures from the last post, I heard an unusual amount of glee coming from upstairs. I headed up to see what was going on. When I rounded the corner into my dining area, I found my sweet little twins up on the kitchen table playing in an entire box of "Fruity Cheerios" which they had dumped all over the table and floor. Then, since that wasn't enough fun, Molly was sprinkling salt into it all. The scene should have been hilarious, looking back even one day, I know that it was, but that is not how I saw it at the time! I immediately took them off the table, told them "no, no" and began cleaning up the disaster.

Reflecting on this since then, I realize that I should have done some things differently. I should have pulled out my camera, my video camera, or at the very least, LAUGHED out loud at the fun they were having. Sometimes I really HATE that I am so efficient, because the thing that I love the most about my children is that they are NOT.

So, I am making a new goal. And please feel free to hold me to it! I am going to start laughing at my life more, and whining about it less. I am going to start taking pictures in those wonderful moments, the way my sweet friend Kristen would do! I am going to let stuff go, just a little bit more. I am sure I will always be a little anal, but I have got to loosen the straps a little, because after yesterday, I am sure they are way too tight!

Sorry............I REALLY wish I had a picture. I am almost tempted to re-create the mess, but surely there will be more soon!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Don't worry Jen, you painted a pretty great picture even without a photo. What I want to know is who is teaching Molly that salt is good on cereal?

Kristen said...

Oh I love this post! Its okay, the picture will always be in your mind I am sure...Although I do wish we could have shared that scene with you...I bet they were having quite a time! wonderful!

Sue said...

Why don't you DRAW us a picture? It's great to hear the "reality" stories from Oregon...being so many miles away and having to live them through your perspective. Thanks for keeping us up things. We love your blog for that very reason!!

BIG Brother said...

Hey Van Wagoners, I've been checking out the blog, finally signed up to post...great stuff!! I miss you guys and love seeing the pictures and hearing the stories!

j and k said...

You are the best mommy in the world and it shows on your blog. WHat a beautiful little family! Your writing definately paints a vivid picture. I wish I had been there! XO