Friday, December 14, 2007

I had so much fun tonight putting together my........


Play mobile Nativity Set!  I found it! Sitting all by its lonesome on the shelf at Target tonight, and it was just what I needed to lift my spirits!  This is the shortlist of why I love it so:

1.  I put it together all by myself, and was giddy doing it!
2. The little people are darling, and all of their accessories snap on perfectly!
3. The camel has real rope on his headdress.
4. The camel HAS a headdress.
5.  The cardboard backdrop is not TOO cheesy.
6.  The three kings are unique and have little armbands that color coordinate with their robes.
7.  The kings/wise men's gifts SNAP into their hands.
8.  The angel has a wand (snapped in her hand).
9.  Joseph has a lantern (you guessed it, snapped in his hand!).
10.My kids get to play with this set, and learn about the Nativity story through play!     
WHEN HAVE I EVER BEFORE HAD SO MUCH FUN FOR $16.99?

6 comments:

j and k said...

I think it's time for me to get a Playmobil Nativity set! SO cute!

Kristen said...

a big HUGE ditto to that! I just put mine together last night.. :) And I must say I am impressed that you found it at target..I had looked EVERYWHERE for it to no avail.

Raina said...

I need to check this out!! It looks adorable. And... sometimes the little things make me smile the biggest.

Phoebe said...

I am so glad that I could inspire more joy through Playmobile. Next year you have to get the Advent Calendar. Is there such a thing as too much Playmobil?

Kristen said...

Phoebe ,you are such a trendsetter!

Mandy said...

I love the Playmobil stuff too. However, I have a cautionary tale to share.
Last year Seth (I know, he's 6. He should know better) put two tiny Playmobil cell phones in his ear. Good thing we have a surgeon in our house. It took a good 20 minutes to extract those things from his external auditory canal.
That was a great blog post though. I'll have to pull it out of the archive and post it again.