Friday, December 21, 2007

A new holiday tradition



I finally have someone to go to The Nutcracker with.........last night Olivia and I went on a mommy/daughter date that will surely become an annual tradition!  Our evening began by dressing up in our holiday best.  Doesn't Olivia look adorable?  Then, we headed downtown.  It was a very bustling holiday eve downtown, so we parked close to the auditorium, then hoofed it to the nearest restaurants.  We finally decided to eat at Macaroni Grill!  Our wait was almost 40 minutes, and when we finally sat down we were both starving!  Olivia opted for Fettuccine Alfredo, and for me, the Roasted Chicken Cannelloni...........yum!  We had to eat fast, after such a long wait, and then RUN back up the hill (about 8 blocks) to the auditorium! We made it in the nick of time.  The Nutcracker was magical, as always.  Olivia absolutely loved it, she was mesmerized.  It was a late night, though, and my date fell asleep on the ride home.  Thanks, Olivia, for being the best little daughter a mommy could ask for!

4 comments:

Phoebe said...

I cannot wait until Agnes is old enough to go! I love the Nutcracker.
My wuestion is... Did they have Mother Bafoon? It's my favorite part.

Raina said...

Oh my... that is the sweetest thing ever!!! I love the tradition and now I'm kinda jealous I don't have a girl. Maybe my boys will like the play?

Tiffany said...

Olivia looks so grown up! I can't believe how much we've missed living so far away!

Kristen said...

How fun! Im sure she will remember it forever!