Sunday, August 24, 2008

All by myself.......

This is so weird.  I am all by myself.  Jon took the kiddos to his sister's house until tomorrow night.  He asked if I'd like a little break and I hope I didn't light up too much at that prospect. Any who, he got the drift and loaded them up today for another 4 1/2 hour car drive (poor kids, have spent way too much time in the car these past few weeks!).  Good luck to him.  He will be blessed for his selfless act.


As for me, I straightened up the house (of course, I couldn't relax in the chaos that was my house after a typical Sunday morning), and have been curled up reading my book ever since.  Olivia suggested that I use my time to "clean the whole house really good," but, I think I'll resist.  After all, they will just be back to wreck it tomorrow.  And, hopefully, my mind will be calmer and my body more rested when they get back.  

So, I'm off to my mommy vacation.........I will post more pictures of our recent trip to Bend and the Salmon River when the fam gets back with my camera!

4 comments:

cryssal said...

Congratulations! Call again when you can, it is always great to sit and chat!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Wahoo! Enjoy! And however tempting, don't clean the house anymore than you have to to be able to relax and enjoy quiet!

j and k said...

And, if you ask me...you spent your time VERY wisely...hospitals are very entertaining. You're the best, Jen! Enjoy a little you time-you deserve it!

Erin said...

Alone time, really? So jealous. I hope you read and ate treats and relaxed. You deserve it!