Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Whirlwind!

We took a whirlwind trip to Utah last week to make a last-ditch effort to see family before we become a family of six and are sequestered in our home for the next two years!  We saw lots of friends, and family and had lots of fun, despite the ridiculous heat!  Of course, I was lame and forgot to take my camera most places, so I am kicking myself now, but here are some fun shots of what we did.......

Grandma and Papa got two new kitties, so Max had lots of fun crawling into their house with them and talking to them in a little tiny baby voice, like they were his own kids!  We are still unable to explain why he picked one of them up and tossed it over the two story deck.  Maybe he wanted to prove that cats really DO always land on their feet, and luckily, the kitty was ok and did not die of internal injuries as I worried it would!
Slip and slide at the farm!

He was MOSTLY very soft with his little kitty friends!
Olivia and Papa went for a ride!
Danny and Molly played with the choo-choo train. It was so fun to have Jake and Dan over and to get caught up after so long!  
Max and Jake (and a super blurry picture, sorry!)
Uncle Glenn took the kids on a tractor ride. Although I didn't exactly capture the mood, they were ALL super excited and LOVED every minute of it!  We had an awesome time at Glenn and Shirline's house.  They always make us feel so loved and welcome.  
All the grandkids on my side of the family (besides the one in my tummy).
We were able to spend a very happy 66th birthday with Papa.  Olivia and him are great buddies!
We also got to go swimming with Erin and Brooks (it absolutely KILLS me that neither of us took our cameras!), to the park with Kristen, Bella, and Moses, and to the pool with my mom, my little sister and her kiddos.   We had a way too quick lunch with Crystal and Jaide at the Bountiful Temple.  Additionally, we had a BBQ where we saw lots of Jon's family and Grandma Maxine and Grandpa Alva, and we got to spend a really fun night with Tera at her new BEAUTIFUL twin home, watching the Olympics and eating treats.  All in all it was tons of fun and worth the VERY long van ride home.........Thanks to all who welcomed us!  See you all soon!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Are you going to have to buy him a cat?

Jen said...

No cats for us! Yuck! (sorry, cat-lovers)

Kristen said...

I was so sad to say goodbye! But it was wonderful to see you all again!

Erin said...

We did have a splendid time. Next time, we'll come see you.

BIG Brother said...

we sure loved having you guys here, we miss the crap out of all you already and thank you so much for not putting any pics of me on here. you are very kind. I hope they'll send me up there soon!