Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Max broke his Clavicle

He went to sit down and overshot the side of the bed.  He went tumbling backwards and landed on his shoulder.  When he wouldn't stop shaking and crying we decided to take him into the doctor, and sure enough, he has a broken Clavicle/collarbone. Poor little guy.  There's not much they can do for him.  We coaxed him into taking some Tylenol with codeine, which should be kicking in any moment, and hopefully he will have a restful sleep.  It's funny, because he wasn't jumping or playing rough on the bed with his sisters as he often does, which is when I fear these kind of mishaps.  He was just sitting down to watch a little movie on my bed with me and Ian. The blue popsicles seemed to cheer him up a little, and the Cars paint and color book I brought home from the store got the tiniest smile out of him.  I think there is nothing worse than seeing your baby in pain!

11 comments:

Kristen said...

oh no! poor Max, what a sad state of affairs he must be in, im sorry to hear the news. When my nephew was born, he broke his clavical and cried and cried, but there was nothing they can really do for him either. I'm sure he'll be getting lots of snuggles. So sorry!

Fancy Nancy said...

WHAT?!?!?! Oh no!!! I am sooo sorry! That is terrible! Especially that you can't really do anything... We need to set up a playdate with Annie and Molly so Max can have some special time with Mom. Ouch!

BIG Brother said...

aw, poor guy! I remember that happening to Brandon when he was a baby. he did the same thing, fell off the bed. 1 suggestion I would make is make him wear button up shirts for awhile, Brandon would scream when he had to lift his arm up to put his shirt on. hope he feels better!

cryssal said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Poor Maxi. Tage loved the tylenol with codene, I think the love for that stuff is inherited. Good Luck let me know wht I can do from clear over here.

Phoebe said...

So sorry!
Let me know if you need any help.

Mandy said...

That is JUST what you needed right now! Poor Max, I hope he feels better soon!

Nicholle said...

I agree....there is nothing worse than seeing your baby in pain! Hope he feels better soon!

Unknown said...

Poor Kid! I did that when I was a kid, and it was miserable! There is nothing worse than a little kid hurting. So sorry!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Ah! I am SO sorry! The poor thing! I hope the medicine helps and that it all heals well! He's just too cute to be so sad.

Raina said...

I hope Max is moving around the house a little more now! I hate it when they aren't themselves.
Poor Max! At least he gets to enjoy all the finer foods now that he is hurt. Ice cream... cake... cookies... treats. :D

j and k said...

I am SOOOOOOOo sorry! Poor sweet little guy! Let me know what I can do to help-you guys have a rough bit over there right now. Give everyone loves from us!