Wednesday, March 11, 2009

heaven

Two days straight of blissful, three children napping, happy mommy quiet time.  Heavenly. Today I sit at nap time and ironically read this (while eating chocolate):
My new strategy is this: we read stories and sing songs in M and M's room.  Then, I tuck Molly into her bed, and take Max to lay down on my bed.  Ian is napping in his crib in his little corner of Olivia's room.  Here a child there a child everywhere a child, child.  No monkeys jumping on beds, no mommy with frazzled nerves.  Two days in a row.  How many days makes a habit?

"There never was a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep" 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 comments:

j and k said...

I'm SO glad to hear that the nerve ball didn't pop! :-) I loved your picture of elastics wound up though! Seriously...you're amazing...four kids is a lot, and you do it very gracefully. They are adorable and wonderful, and yet the quote at the bottom is the best, every mother needs a bit of that sleep time reprieve! :-)

Nicholle said...

The book title was happy sleep habits, healthy child. It didn't say a mom can't enjoy her chocolate!

Vixie said...

I am so glad that it is working. It does feel like here a kid, there a kid, everywhere a kid...

Ashley said...

I'm pretty sure 21 days makes a habit but you are well on your way! Congrats! I'm trying to enjoy those peaceful moments of quit now, while I can!! :)

Raina said...

WAA HOOO!!! this is GREAT news... a GREAT book, and you are amazing. I'm pretty sure it's a habit by now! :D Keep up the good work!

Emmalee said...

I love that book! And absolutely swear by it. I'm counting down the days until I can start sleep training Noah...Good luck!

Betsy said...

That book was a life saver for me. That's how I got Ella to start napping someplace other than my arms! Yeah for mommy time!

Erin said...

Congrats! That is a great idea! you have it figured out. HOpe it keeps up...forever!