Tuesday, March 30, 2010

hmmm.....what do you guys think?

I hate my fridge, but it functions fine, so what do you guys think about this fix? Most of my DIY projects fail miserably, so I am nervous to try it out on such a huge appliance, but maybe it would be awesome???


Chalkboard Fridge

seo_2612scan000.jpg
In the MAY 2006 issue of COUNTRY HOME magazine, they featured my former home. I used to live in an old farmhouse on a 500-acre Christmas tree farm (idyllic, right?).

In the kitchen, an old fridge worked just fine, but it was a bit of an eyesore. So with a few coats of green chalkboard paint, I not only give it a facelift, but made it functional, too. You could write, with a piece of chalk, all over the fridge. Notes, grocery lists, tic-tac-toe…whatever your heart desires.

I just scanned this from the magazine and thought I’d share it. Sometimes the simplest idea can have the most dramatic effect. Don’t ya think? I love chalkboard paint.

9 comments:

Sue said...

What a FUN idea. I vote you GO FOR IT! That would bump you further up the "you're the best mom in the whole world" list!

grandma bonnie said...

I love the idea! Just do it! All can use it and Max can clean it all up.

Kristen said...

I love it, its soo fun! Ive never seen that before, but oh so creative!!

Ashley said...

I've been wanting to do this to my fridge too! I really love it and think it would be super fun for the kids!!!

Sugarlene said...

I hate to be a party pooper....but as much fun as it would be, your kids do grow up, and then.....now if you could remove the chalkboard later, and have a regular looking fridge, maybe...sorry, for me, I'm not too crazy about it. But if you ARE, go for it. I would be lots of fun, for awhile.

Sugarlene said...

oh, it helps to read....i didn't realize it was an old fridge with a makeover. I say, just do it.....but then again, even though your fridge is old...it may live forever!!! HEE

Jen said...

The idea is that my fridge is UGLY, but I have to live with it til it dies. I keep hoping it will sooner than later, but then I would have to spring for a new fridge, which is never fun. It would just be something to make the fridge fun while we have to have it. And, hopefully we will move to our dream house one day and have a gorgeous, big, stainless one!!!

cryssal said...

Go for it!!!

Sue said...

I've been waiting to move for 20 years and I STILL have the same fridge I moved here with. Somethings last forever (and then again some don't)!