Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Our spring break was, for the most part, really Springy!

We had an awesome Spring Break this year. I was really leery, because I had nothing spectacular planned, and many of Olivia's friends were going on really amazing vacations, but we stuck around, saw friends, and spent well-needed time together as a family (very little of which I captured on camera). We had gorgeous weather much of the week, and we took full advantage of it with picnics, park days, and trout fishing! And, on the soggy days, we hit the museum with friends, and went swimming at the community center indoor pool. I think we ended this week happy and well rested. Ready to conquer the last few months of school!

So, here are pics from the two times I took my camera along.

Trout fishing in Oregon City. Good times, fun friends, and yummy dinner!
Molly, Olivia and I each caught a fish. Mine was huge, not to brag, but it was 14 3/4 inches. For real. And, it was a real struggle to reel in, but worth the effort to say that "na, na, na, na, na, I caught the biggest fish of the day!"
Park days!
Sister love!
So, there is our Spring Break in a nutshell. What did you do???

7 comments:

Raina said...

Ahhh!!! I LOVE the pictures! And... really? Your fish turned out good? Mine was less than delicious. I'll try something different next time! Cute photos!

Gel said...

How fun. Where did you go fishing. Maybe we should do that this summer. It looks fun! Glad that you had a good break!! Jackson is dying to see Max!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

The sun looks nice - I miss it! How did your kids like the fishing? Were they patient?

Nicholle said...

Sounds like a fun stay-cation!

BIG Brother said...

since I don't see any pics of this monster fish, I am going to assume it is just another "fishing tale"

Sue said...

Looks like you had a fun time! Who said you have to travel to enjoy your vacation?

Reba said...

Looks like so much fun. I stayed home and studied all week. :-)