Tuesday, October 12, 2010

beaches...




We spent two days at the beach on our California Adventure. Saturday, we went to Huntington Beach and enjoyed the sea shells and the pier with ice cream from Ruby's. Sunday, we hit Laguna Beach, and loved the big waves and soft sand. We saw seals and dolphins. We had 83 degree weather and stocked up on vitamin D...it looks like we will be needing it as we head into another Oregon winter.

Jon buried all of the kids. They loved it! This is always a hit! And, the sand they get in their crevices is super.

Dollar tree in California had no beach buckets and shovels, so we got cauldrons, jack o' lantern buckets, and kitchen spoons. The kids had fun sifting out shells and digging with nice steel spoons! I am sure we looked like the Beverly Hillbillies. Especially at Laguna Beach!
He loves to jump into his little piles!
Beach pedi, anyone?
Fabulous beach weather. In October. It does NOT get better than that! Oh, how we mourn for you, Cali! We hope to return soon!

8 comments:

Mel said...

So fun! Is that what it is like to live somewhere other than Oregon?! Ian is looking like a little kid rather than a baby now!

Also I just have to comment on all your birthday party fun below. AMAZING! Each party looked like so much fun - what a great, creative, wonderful mother you are!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time in Cali. We are headed there soon too - we just missed you :( - any tips?

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh, I am LOVING these disney posts!! Cant you please post more photos for me? I cant get enough! I am so glad things worked out for you guys just to go for it, its for sure something that you all needed and deserved :) and the kids will NEVER forget their first trip to disneyland!!

BIG Brother said...

I just love Ian's grin now...so big & cheesy!

Sue said...

There is nothing like the California Beaches (and there is NOTHING like the Hawaii beaches...)California is my SECOND choice. Can you guess what is my first choice?

cryssal said...

We totaly have to go in 2012! So glad that the weather was so awesome for you!

j and k said...

I am loving all the fun pictures! You guys looked like you had a blast! Your kids are so adorable in their beach best and also in the Disneyland pics. Wasn't it the best time of year to go? SO fun for Halloween time! Glad you had a blast!

Rosie said...

I am so jealous of your fun trip! The Beach! and Disneyland! I loved hearing all about it from Molly. You have such a cute family!