Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Backing up a bit...the first day of school!


I had to back up to the first day of school! It's always so monumental and exciting. This year was no exception. Olivia went to 5th grade. She was so excited!!! Of course, it was 95 degrees on the first day of school, so she had to only wear half new school clothes with some shorts. Funny, it's cool here all summer, then the first week of school gets blasting hot. Oh well. Here is my grown up darling!
Here she is heading down the hallway to her new class! The first day was super special this year because Grandma got to come with us! Olivia was so happy to have her there! Also, Olivia started the day before Max and Molly, so she got her "own" first day. That made it nice and less hectic!
And here is the only picture I got of her in her new classroom where she was not saying, "mom, STOP" and giving me the evil eye. It is apparently no longer "cool" for your mom to walk you to class in 5th grade and take lots of photos. Eventually I looked around and noticed that, yes, I was the only parent in the class. Yikes. Jon is sure that I will be there until her senior year. He could be right. It's just such a big deal. I couldn't send her off to the sharks without checking out the water and making sure it was friendly. It's my motherly duty, right?
Here's to a great 5th grade year and LAST year at elementary school....sniff, sniff....my baby is growing up to fast!


3 comments:

cryssal said...

Go Woogs! What a cute girl and oh so grown up!

Stacy said...

I am totally late but then I was out of the country for this :-)

Such cute children you have and I can't believe three are now in school! Enjoy, kindergarten is such a blissful time.

Stephanie said...

Wow. Olivia is so grown up! I remember when she and Samuel were little preschoolers. Crazy that they are 5th graders now.