Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Molly!

Oh my goodness! How can it be? This is a reoccurring theme: I can't believe my little Molly is SIX. It was just yesterday that she was sharing the womb with her baby brother, and now she shares nothing with him! I had to dig out some reminiscing baby pics of cute Molls, too, of course. Here she is on her blessing day with her cute little bro:
And this is the little princess just a few months old. She was such a darling baby. She was sweet, and easy, and slept through the night at just 6 weeks! She was a saving grace. Of course, she did have her moments. I remember calling Jon on the phone one night (he was working out of town) in tears because I had been rocking Molly for hours and she wouldn't quit wailing! But, those moments were few and far between, and our nickname for her as a baby was "our little pioneer baby" because she seemed like a baby who was just content all of the time and patiently waited her turn to eat, be changed or be held.Molly asked for make up for her birthday, and we obliged. Just for PLAY, of course. She has had the most fun with it, and has only used my white towels to wipe her face a few times! She loves to play dress up, make up, and paint nails. She is a real GIRL. I am still not sure where she came from!!! Here she is on her way to school on her birthday! (please note her new birthday cowgirl boots! So cute!)And, here is Molly's Barbie cake. Every girl needs one of these once, right? She loved it! It turned out ok, but when the candles were lit, Barbies hand got in the flames and started smoking! Yikes! Molly blew everything out quickly and saved the day. She had a great birthday and was smiling ear to ear all day!
We love you, Molly! You are becoming a darling little lady. You are full of spunk and we love that about you, too!

5 comments:

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Hilarious memory about poor Barbie. Happy Birthday Molly! Love the cowboy boots. She's adorable. The makeup request scares me a bit. Maybe my girls are behind in asking for that because their mom is so lazy and usually forgets to put makeup on.

Raina said...

Really? Barbies hands? Too funny! I love Mollys boots... I want some. She is just too gorgeous! Happy birthday to her

cryssal said...

Molls is quite the Diva! The reminiscing and the pictures make me miss you all even more!

bontovi said...

she sooo gorgeous!

Emma said...

Jen, that cake looks awesome! And that's hilarious you lit the Barbie on fire!! Haha. Happy Birthday to gorgeous Molly :)