Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Max!

Happy Birthday to my sweet little boy! This guy stole my heart from the get-go! At 4 lbs 12 oz he literally felt like such a fragile, special little gift, and he was so sweet and cuddly. He and I had a special connection right away. I mean, look at this little guy, swimming in his premie clothes. My heart just longs to have him back in my arms, but oh no! He is SIX! Crazy!
We were so lucky to have Grandma here for the big birthday celebration! She saved my bacon, loved the kids, and just was so fun to have around for a whole week! So, even though this is a blurry picture, it's an important one. Max really loves his grandma!!!
And, here is the father of the year, working on his masterpiece. Jon was so great to help out with Max's cake. He did an excellent job!
And, drumroll...ta-da! Darth Maul (for those of you non-Star Wars fans):
And, here's the cute birthday boy in his new birthday outfit on his way to school! He is such a cool kid!And, this is actually Max, don't be fooled by his awesome new costume! He has been dying for a Darth Vader costume for months!
Happy birthday, Max! Here's to a great year being SIX! We are so proud of who you are becoming and are so grateful to be your parents!!!

7 comments:

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Awesome costume. Love that that was what he wanted. And nice job on the cake!

Raina said...

Wow! The cake is awesome! What a cute picture with grandma too! I love her smile and I bet she was sad to leave! Happy birthday to max!

cryssal said...

A boy that has Star Wars in him deserves an awesome Darth Maul cake! I remember being so nervous with your tiny babies and they were a month old by the time I saw them!

j and k said...

Well...here is a post for all three bday kiddos. We just love each one of them. They all have such unique, precious, sweet personalities and they are all such wonderful people! From spunky, sweet, inquisitive, curious, kind, endearing...they have all the good traits in the world. Give them BIG birthday squeezes from us! And, please tell them we love them! The festivities looked like a blast! I can't believe how great the cakes looked (no surprise with your creative, Martha Stewart thumb). Such fun!

bontovi said...

awesomeness!

Brittany said...

i am loving all the birthday pics down memory lane! and i love all your birthday kids, they make my sunday's (and saturday mornings) happy!

Emma said...

That cake is AWESOME! Holy cow. Wow. Amazing job, Jon!! Happy Birthday handsome Max!!!