Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Max's little adventure!

Max had his little hernia operation on Monday.  I thought I would share some pictures of my brave little trooper. He was so awesome, even though it almost killed him not to eat anything until 4 o'clock in the afternoon!  He kept rummaging through my purse saying, "have snack?"  

Here's his cute nurse Melissa checking his vitals!
Here he is on his way to pre-op in his little bed with his favorite dog!
And here we are after the surgery!  He was so sad that only sitting in my lap consoled him, which was just fine by me! I have not had the opportunity to hold him for three hours straight in ages!
And he got to eat THREE popsickles afterwards!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

It breaks my heart and makes me smile at the same time...only Max can do that :) Looks like he handled it like the champ he is, I bet you are glad its over!!

BIG Brother said...

Hey, I didn't get popsicles after my hernia surgery! way to go Max, welcome to the Scar club!

Mandy said...

Oh, cute little Max! I hope he's back at 100% soon!

cryssal said...

What is better than grape popsicles? It is so much better to get these surgeries out of the way while they are little, before they have learned how to use the guilt to their advantage, if he would have been older you mave have had to buy an ipod instead of the purple popsicles.

Erin said...

Poor little Max. He handled it just like a pro. I am so impressed by his courage. Way to go Max!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Did you just cry when they took him away or when he came back so sad? Good thing moms and popsicles always make everything better!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a tuff little kid! And what a tuff mom!! I am glad everything went well!

j and k said...

WHat a sweetheart. I'm so glad he's up and going again. We just love him!