Monday, November 16, 2009

my birthday...

It was my birthday on Saturday, and since I have an aversion to photos of myself, I will share a story my dear mother shared with me about my birth....


My mom's water broke in the middle of the night while she was asleep (that must run in the family). She woke my dad up, and they took my older brother to the neighbor in the trailer park where we lived. It was 5 AM and he already had a drink in his hand.

I'm so glad that my brother survived the day with the drunk while my mom popped me out.

I never knew I lived in a trailer park. My mom called me trailer trash when she told me this tale. Oh, the sweet tales of our birth....

And then there's the one about where I got my name...

10 comments:

Phoebe said...

This story just made my day!
None of us would have guessed of your humble beginnings:)

cryssal said...

I love your name story, I wish I had one that was as colorful!

Sue said...

I'm glad you clarified that it was the neighbor that had a drink in his hand at 5 am. For a minute I thought it was your brother.

j and k said...

And, yet...you're one of the classiest women I know. So, trailer park shmailer park. No rubbings on you! :-) But, I must say the name thing-now that's my favorite! ;-) Now, get those bday pictures posted. You are TOO beautiful not too!

Emmalee said...

That is an awesome story! 5 am with a drink? Yikes!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Jen!!!!!! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only "Trailer Trash" in the family!! Although I too don't remember those "Humble Beginnings" :)

grandma bonnie said...

You left out some of the best parts when I got to the hospital no time for dr. to give me anything for pain and that was some of the hardest pain I have ever experienced, dad heard me scream from the end of the hall,that was even before they let dads in the delivery room! But it was worth it all!! I think I shall need to post pictures for you!!

Stephanie said...

Happy belated birthday Jen! I loved reading your story. I was also born to trailer park dwelling parents. Who knew we had so much in common? I hope you had a wonderful day. And, I have to say, you are gorgeous. I don't think you could take a bad photograph.

Raina said...

Ahh... what a story!! You would never know. :D I'm with Kim though... let's get some pictures posted! You look too good to not have many pictures of yourself up!! Happy Birthday!!!

Fancy Nancy said...

I love the "old" Jen stories! Happy belated!