Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas leftovers


(Christmas morning on the stairs before they came down to see what Santa brought them!)

Our Christmas was simple, easy, casual, and laid back. A little different, but so nice. I felt like I really got to enjoy the kids and play with their toys with them. We really simplified things, and I felt like they got it more than in year's passed. We loved seeing their smiles and excitement over the toys, and enjoyed so many special traditions this year, new and old. We were especially grateful to have Parker with us, the last time for a while as he plans to serve a mission after his next semester at school. He is so fun to have around, and the kids just adore him, to say the least. Here are way too many pictures of some of our festivities:

Parker opening his Christmas Eve jammies (I
love how they act surprised year after year that their Christmas Eve gift is pjs)

Stud
Cookies for Santa (along with a really elaborate card from Olivia)
Wow, that is a cookie!
Parker is a great sport. Are his cookies a little too awesome?
Molly modeling her pjs. Yes, the top is backwards, but I have given up saying anything.
Softy jammies
Helping the kids open their Christmas pjs straight naked. I think holding my kids right out of the bath is my favorite.
These two boys are best buddies. They are 18 years apart!
Parker and Olivia read the annual 'Twas the Night Before Christmas
And then on Christmas morning everyone was very happy to see that Santa did, in fact, come!

Molly got a Leapster
Olivia got a Nintendo DS
Ian got Leapfrog toys (they are Santa and Mommy's favorite!)
Max got lots of "yegos" and we have been doing some major building over here. His favorite thing was his Batman helicopter.
Parker got a really warm winter coat and gloves. Logan is cold. He also got lots of I-tunes gift cards and some sweet Pumas.
All in all it was fun and everyone was very happy and grateful for what they received. We are so grateful for our family and Jen is especially grateful that Christmas is over. Here is to a new year and a new decade!

9 comments:

Reba said...

I want to come to your house for Christmas next year!!

cryssal said...

I will come with Reba! I think toning down is the way to go! The pictures are so fun!

Aspen said...

I loved seeing your pictures--never too many since I don't get to see you besides in pictures! :) Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Maybe this year we'll see each other! :)

Kristen said...

more..I want more pictures, Im loving this! Its so cute because we always had a stair picture growing up, they are the best!! What a wonderful day, just as it should be. toooo cute for words are the kids.

Raina said...

What fun pictures!!! I love seeing the cookies, the PJ's, the traditions.. .and most of all... Parkers awesome Aggies shirt! :D
Merry Christmas!

Betsy said...

I can't believe Parker is all grown up! You guys are such a cute family!

j and k said...

JR and I were just looking at your blog and he said, Oh I think her kids are so adorable...I like them so much! I feel the same! They are all so cute and Max is a little Washburn for sure. He has so much of you. Lucky dude. They are all way too cute and lucky little dudes with such great parents. BTW...tell Parker his cookies put mine to shame. He's good!

Sugarlene said...

We have stairs....would you come spend Christmas with us this year?

Sue said...

I used to put way too much pressure on myself at Christmas time and it was about the worst time of year for me because of it. I, like you, made this year very simplified and Jake told me it was his best Christmas (it didn't hurt that it was his first married Christmas too). We have begun the tradition of "homemade Christmas" that has made these past two years so pleasurable. No problem with "equal value" when it comes from the heart. I try to get my kids to buy into the homemade christmas early in the year so they don't procrastinate till the last minute and stress out but it doesn't always work. I LOVE THE STAIRS PICTURE. I missed being there for that one this year but my dear Dave took one for me :-) Traditions last a lifetime if you let them. I love seeing yours. I love you guys!!