Tuesday, June 8, 2010

potty buddies

(back when they were still in diapers)

OK, this is just funny. Today, while Ian was napping, I was mowing my huge lawn all by myself (which is easy a two hour project), when Molly came out and tapped me on the arm. I pulled my tunes out and asked her what she needed. "Max needs wiped," she replied. Oh dear. I was covered in grass and was not happy about the prospects of trekking it into my newly vacuumed house. I hemmed. I hawed. I finally looked at Molly and said, "can you do it?" Her eyes got wide and she said, "I think I can." (that's the spirit. Must be all those bedtime stories with subliminal messages). And, she trotted off. I walked to the back door and called in to Max, patiently waiting on the potty.

"Max, Molly is going to wipe you, ok?" I call tentatively.

"Does she know how to did that?" he calls back.

"Sure. Make sure you both wash your hands really well!"

"OK!" they both call back.

I am sure this was a huge mistake, and could have been a mess. But, it wasn't! And, it's probably inappropriate on a number of levels, but it's me, doing my best. And, it made me smile.

7 comments:

Vixie said...

Doing your best and doing a great job!! I love this story.

Gel said...

This is great!! I'm dying laughing... Taylee's done it for me before! Whatever it takes to get the job done!!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Hey, it worked! So funny that Max allowed her to. Back when Meri was in diapers, she would get terribly offended if I had Jell smell her to see if she needed a change. Why is it that they always do it during the most inconvenient times? Like during my nap today? :)

Unknown said...

I think it is just one more perk to being a twin. :)So funny!

Raina said...

This is so funny! As long as it worked that all that matters. :D I need a little buddy for Trenton to do the same thing sometimes. :D

Mandy said...

Laughing!

j and k said...

Hey, when you're a twin...what's mine is yours, right? They are appt to help each other out, and they obviously adore each other-as is evident from their adorable dancing at Molly's cute recital. Oh...such cute posts! Tell Olivia great job on her butterfly project, Molly great dancing, (and Max) and WOW WOW WOW!!! I can't even imagine running that many miles! You are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!