Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Locks of Love...

Molly has been growing her hair for a long time. She has never really been into the long hair thing. I told her that if she grew it long enough, she could cut it and make a hair piece for someone who lost their hair due to an illness. She immediately said, "like Grace?" (Grace is our friend who just ended 2 1/2 years of chemotherapy for Leukemia, and lost her hair during treatment). I told her, yes, like Grace. And, that is all she needed to make the commitment to Locks of Love. Her hair grew, and grew, and grew, and this past weekend, she took the plunge. Here are some pics!

Before: Long, long hair!
Here she is right after the pony tail came off. Wow!
And, here is the little doll with her new haircut. She couldn't quit smiling the whole rest of the day. She loves her short hair and she loves telling everyone she meets why she cut her hair and who she is helping. She is quite humble.
We are super proud of Molly for her giving heart!

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Ohhh she looks Darling!!! I love the short hair on her. And that was so sweet of her to donate it! Way to go Molls!

cryssal said...

I love it! How fun for her and you to get to see her donate! Miss you guys!

Emma said...

Molly, you are so beautiful! What an awesome experience for her. Such a sweetheart.

Nicholle said...

Love it!

BIG Brother said...

oh how darling is that! she looks sooooo cute!

grandma bonnie said...

What a go Mollyheart gal! She looks so cut in short hair. Love you all!

Brittany said...

molly looks so cute with her new do! i told her she had the same hair cut as you and she quickly corrected me by telling me her hair was shorter than yours. i guess i don't have that keen of an eye... way to go molly!

Erin said...

She looks like a model. I love the short hair. What a kind heart she has.

j and k said...

This makes our whole family SOOOOO happy! Grace thinks Molly is pretty awesome for making someone's head so much warmer! It can be rather chilly being bald! Molly has a beautiful heart, and it has been well cultivated by a lovely mother!

Raina said...

Oh my!! She is gorgeous!!! I love love the new do, and what a great cause!!!
LOVE IT!!

Emmalee said...

Ah! I LOVE little girl bobs! If my Grace would quit pulling her hair out, she could have a cute bob too! I love how compassionate Molly is. So sweet...