Friday, May 13, 2011

My kids have got talent...

Our Ward's Primary put on the most amazing talent show! They went all out with a big theme, fun judges, awesome snacks, and red carpet. It was super fun to watch all of our talented friends strut their stuff. Of course, my kiddos were excited to be involved. I am so proud of their confidence in their unique talents and wanted to share what they felt their talents are:

Olivia loves to do art. She has been working on a project for a while that she calls "Squiggles." It is a story with illustrations. She won "Illustrator of the Month" and "Author of the Month" in her fourth grade class for her efforts. She displayed her art work art work, story and awards.
Max is a builder. He loves it. He eats up anything involving Legos, Trios, gears or magnets. He is really creative in how he builds. Sometimes he sticks with the step by step instructions, which he can do with no help at all, and other times he creates as he goes. Once he gets things built, he spends hours playing creatively with them. It is one of the things that makes me happiest in the whole world: listening to Max play pretend. For the talent show, he painstakingly decided what he would take to show his friends. He got really into it. Here he is with his display:


I will try to upload a video of Molly's dance performance later, if I can figure it out. She did a darling job! I love my kids, they are the best.

P.S. Ian's talent is being dang cute!

2 comments:

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Way to go Olivia! And I'm so impressed with Max. How cool that they got to display these at the talent show!

grandma bonnie said...

I am so lucky to have such talented grandkids! And Ian, can just keep on being just dang cute too! Love you all!