Monday, May 2, 2011

The Tulip Festival

We ventured south to the Tulip Festival this past weekend. It was a lovely day, and the tulips were breathtaking! Somehow, in almost nine years of living here, I have never gone to this festival, and now I don't think I will ever miss a year again! Tulips are my absolute favorite flower, and the kids really loved seeing all of the different colors. Now, everywhere we go, they are pointing out tulips!

Here is Molly (front) and Olivia (behind) by a really fun star-shaped grow box of tulips!
Molly loved these red ones! Look how hearty they are!
Fields and fields as far as you could see of every color tulip!
Ian posing (no, he's not cold. This is his "cheese" stance).
I could not convince Olivia that they don't smell good! She smelled every color!
If the shoe fits...
Everyone got to hold this parrot. It was the highlight of the day!
It was a great outing. A perfect way to enjoy the last day of April in the SUN! I am glad I braved it (Jon was out of town). We are dragging Daddy with us next year, for sure!

4 comments:

Sugarlene said...

That's my kind of mom....the one who makes things happen!! You're such a fun mom!!!!

Unknown said...

beautiful - I wanted to go to that when we were there but our luck we drove around for hours getting lost and got there after it closed on the last day - :(

Where did you find the boys darling easter outfits? I had the hardest time finding matching or similar outfits for my boys - why are boy cloths so hard?

They all looked so cute - thanks for the cute post!

cryssal said...

So fun! When I moveinto the playhouse I will get to join you on all your adventures!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

I'm so sad I didn't get to go this year! Looks BEAUTIFUL!