Thursday, November 15, 2007

I had a birthday, shout HURRAY!

I had an awesome birthday, yesterday! Actually, the fun started on Tuesday, when my most amazing friends threw me a little birthday brunch!  They made a delicious brunch and we just sat and laughed and chatted, the absolute best gift I could receive.  I have the greatest friends!  

Then, on Wednesday, my actual birthday, I was called, emailed, visited and SANG to by those I love the most!  I felt super-special! 

My sweet girlfriend took me to lunch, then my hubby sent me to get a pedicure while the kids were napping and he was working downstairs.  HEAVEN!  For dinner, we went to the Old Spaghetti Factory, where my children climbed the walls, and threw their applesauce...........sounds like another day in paradise to me!  To top it off, we came home for cake and ice cream!  And, my husband bought me almost everything on my list!   He is just too good to me!

Here is a picture of the DARLING banner that my darling and oh-so-talented gal pal Raina made for me...............I believe she is currently setting up a web site to take your orders.......

And, my birthday would NOT be the same without flowers from my Pops!  Just another reason why my dad rocks! (FYI, he has been sending me flowers to school, work, and my home every year since I can remember).
Finally, the most awesome German Chocolate cake that my dear, sweet husband and daughter picked out.  It was (and is, as I just sat down with it and a fork for my post birthday celebration) super scrumptious!


So, one year older and wiser too.  The thing I learned this year is that life is as happy as I make it, and I am working on making it happier each day for those that I love!

8 comments:

cryssal said...

Happy Birthday again! I am so glad it was a great one! I wish I could have been there to help celebrate!

Phoebe said...

So sad that Calvin was sick and I could not participate on the actual day!
And Raina, seriously. LOVE the banner. When are you starting the Enrichment Sewing group?

Mandy said...

Thanks again for being born! I can't imagine life in LO without you.

Mandy said...

Thanks again for being born! I can't imagine life in LO without you.

Mandy said...

Thanks again for being born! I can't imagine life in LO without you.

Mandy said...

Okay, what is going on with my computer? First Phoebe's blog, now yours. You all are going to think that I'm out to take over the blogosphere. Please accept my humblest apologies.

Kristen said...

Perfect birthday for a perfect gal, i love ya!

Jen said...

some things are worth repeating!