Monday, September 20, 2010

to the Batmobile.........let's go!

The long awaited Batman party finally arrived. Max could barely stand the anticipation. Next time, he gets his first! He was so excited to have his own party, with his own boy friends! He was so excited about who he was inviting and had a cute reason why he wanted each friend there! Love it! For the favor, some friends and I made some cute batman capes! They turned out so cute, and I really am so thankful for my great friends, once again, bailing me out on another one of my hair-brained schemes! Each boy got a batman cape and face paint (if they wished) when they arrived:
I just had to show this AWESOME beanbag toss our friend drew for us. He is so amazing and went above and beyond helping us out on this.
The boys loved throwing bean bags at Batman and Robin!

Little Bat-boy joined the festivities.
Same friend drew this awesome Batman for "pin the bat on the Batman." So GREAT!
Here is Bat-Max pinning the bat on Batman! So close!
Here are all the attendees in their capes!

Cupcakes!
FIVE candles!

We also made fun bat planes and flew them. The boys were really into that! I learned how different a group of boys is than a group of girls. I bagged the last few games at the end just to let them play, because their attention span is just a wee bit short (the girls could have done crafts for the entire two hours!). They had so much energy and were just so much FUN. Max loved his special party and got lots of great gifts.

A great party for a wonderful boy!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing!!! I can not believe that you had capes for each child - that is so cool! The art for the bean bag and pin the bat was great - that is one great friend! What a special day and well worth the wait!

Betsy said...

You are the most amazing mom EVER! Did Steve to the drawing for the bean bag toss? It's terrific! Looks like a fun time for all :)

Sue said...

I voted for you for mom of the year!

Phoebe said...

The capes are over-the-top! Definitely above and beyond.

Vixie said...

That looks like a very fun party!! Hunter was very sad to miss it. Maybe we should have postponed our trip a little bit...

BIG Brother said...

that is soooo cool!! great idea & a lot of work I'm sure. I love it that Molly had to be there too!

Emmalee said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are such a great mom!

Brittany said...

i love the pic of all the kids lined up in their capes... especially with the added ponytail! looks like the party was a hit! and i have a crush on the littlest batman, he is so stink'n cute! how are you going to top this next year?

j and k said...

Seriously Jen? Seriously? No wonder you were a little stressed. You freakin pulled out little Martha on me. You're amazing! There couldn't be a cuter party...oh wait...you had three adorable ones this month. I don't know how you did it!

cryssal said...

I love it! I wish I could have gone! Would you have made a Crystal sized cape for me?