Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas Morn...

Here are the kids on Christmas morning. They were pros by this time. Funny story. After all was said and done on Christmas Eve, and Jon and I had finally hit the sack, we heard a rustling at the top of the stairs. I jumped out of bed, panicked that someone was going to come down the stairs and see the goods. When I rounded the corner on the stairs, there were all the kids. Olivia had woke up and gotten them all out of bed, because she thought it was morning! I glanced at the clock and saw that it was midnight. So, I tried to gently break it to them all that it was still nighttime and that Santa had not yet come, so they had to go back to bed until it got light. Poor kids. They went back to sleep without a fight, though, and woke up around 6:30 for the real thing!
Olivia was just dying for this package of 50 puzzle erasers. She was thrilled that Santa remembered!
And, number two on her list: Beverly Hills Chihuahua. She is so funny!
Ian with his Buzz Lightyear gun. Max and him both got one!
Ian with his Choo-choo. He was so excited! He loves Thomas. And I love the train stage. I hope it lasts a LONG time.
Santa surprised Molly with a Madame Alexander doll. She LOVES it. All she asked for was a Princess Art set, which she got, but she couldn't believe that he brought her this cool doll that looks just like her. She has been loving it! The week after Christmas she found a canvas doll house for it with the money that she got for Christmas, so she is all set up!
And this, is my Iron Man.
So happy.
Ian with play dough from Grandma.
Max with his Lego airplane that he and Mom built. He is so amazing at Legos. I love his patience and am amazed at how he can figure out the picture instructions. He barely needs any help. His attention span is longer than mine already. Legos are both of our favorite toy.
We had a fun Christmas. We spent tons of family time together playing, watching fun movies on our new TV, and, let's not forget EATING. Every year I complain about how much work and stress this holiday is, but when it's all said and done, I just LOVE the time with my family on Christmas and the week after, and that is what gets me through it!

3 comments:

BIG Brother said...

ah, reminds you of those Christmas mornings with the 3 of us usually in your room, waiting for the time to go wake up mom & dad! I don't think any of us ever slept that night! And its funny how it is with your own kids...

Cynically Optimistic said...

Love the pictures! I wanna come back! I loved the alternate holiday universe!

Raina said...

look at all those smiles! That is so cute!