Wednesday, January 5, 2011

We interrupt this holiday season....

I can't believe I never blogged this. So, remember that huge tree limb that fell on our house last January? Well, the whole freakin' tree fell the first Saturday in December. It was terrifying. I had just returned from a run, and was gathering laundry to take downstairs. Everyone else was playing downstairs, except Max, who was in the car grabbing something. I walked out of my bedroom and BOOM! The whole house shook. It only took a second to realize what happened. I screamed. Everyone came running. And, when we went outside, this is what we found:


You can't tell how huge the tree is from the pictures, but it was a HUGE, old maple. It took a 40 foot crane to pull it off the roof. Yikes. The good news is that now it's down, and I don't have to worry about it squishing my house anymore. Other good news, my house is apparently built like a tank, and very little real damage was done. Our gutters are ripped off, the roof is damaged and some siding is ripped off. There is a leak in our basement ceiling from the missing siding. And, there is a huge mess that still needs to be cleaned up, but we are slowly working through it.

Really, now I am ready to talk about the holidays!

1 comment:

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Holy cow! Glad you were all okay and there wasn't more damage.