Friday, September 7, 2007

Be proud, gals!


Funny story............


The night before school, after Olivia got out of the bath, she was so excited to wear her new underwear. She tore into the package and deliberated long and hard about which pair to wear on the first day. She chose a light green pair with little daisies on them. She put them on, and then stood in front of her full length mirror striking a myriad of poses. After she was done modeling the undies, she turned to me and said, "Mom, I can't believe how good I look in these!"


So, while I was dying laughing, I thought how great her words really were! When I look in the mirror, naked or otherwise, I am so critical of my body! My inner monologue goes something like this, "yuck, when did I get these muffin tops...............flabby, flabby, flabby..............what can I wear today to hide these imperfections...............UGH!" I wonder what it would feel like to look in the mirror and get the boost that Olivia felt from her new panties.


So, I have a challenge to all of you who have unkind thoughts about your body, myself being number one on the list. Let's all put on our panties and say one nice thing about our bodies. Who knows, maybe one day we'll start believing our own words!

5 comments:

j and k said...

A noble thought! Though very hard to do! But, I LOVE Olivia's attitude...if only we all shared her sentiments! :-)

cryssal said...

I checked myself out and if I am looking correctly I think I have the map to Butte, Montana across my stomach in stretch marks. I will always know how to get somewhere!

Sue said...

I'm just glad that my "panties" cover SO MUCH OF MY BODY!!

Phoebe said...

If my undies looked liked those I would love them too!

Raina said...

That is the cutest story with the Undies! I might have to go get some fancy ones to make me even think for ONE second that I look good. I think I'll give it a shot. Cute post.