Friday, September 7, 2007

The first day of school blues..........

So, I sent my baby to first grade this week. It was more bitter than sweet, and I cried three times before I even left the school parking lot. The week did get better, but I miss my little girl! It's funny because I get so bugged with her at times and she can be such a stinker at home, and she was soooooooooo ready to go back to school, but it feels like such a finality. She is in school full time. I am no longer the person who directs her daily activities. It's a scary thought for me. I am not there to stop others who may say mean things to her, or to stop her from being unkind to others. It takes a lot of trust and faith this sending your kids off into the world of elementary education. But, I will be ok, I guess, like all of the parents before me. And she does look dang cute in her school clothes!

Here she is eating her first day of school breakfast! It's all she wanted:

"Chucky Larms" (that's really what she calls them).




5 comments:

cryssal said...

I love Chucky Larms too! Olivia looked darling, but she always does! Dain it! I miss her. Happy Birthday to the kiddos!

j and k said...

SHe looks so cute!!!!!!! Look out first grader boys...little beauty queen in action!

Mandy said...

I'm so glad Seth and Olivia are in the same class! I loved Olivia's first day jeans. I've been looking for a pair just like them. Is it bad that I take my fashion cues from a 7-year old?

Kristen said...

whaT a big girl! I would be crying too, a new phase, Thanks for sharing the pictures, I love her smile in when shes eating breakfast, she looks so happy!!

Stephanie said...

She looks so grown up! I hope she loves 1st grade.