Saturday, September 15, 2007

The benefits of spacing children..............

So I woke up this morning at 8:15 and could hear the sounds of my little ones, but not coming from the baby monitor as they usually do. No, definately coming from downstairs in the toy room. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I fell back asleep. Not too long later, my bladder called me from bed and I noticed my door was shut. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I opened my door to see my big Olivia who was apparently going to come into my room at that precise moment. She excitedly told me, "I have a surprise for you, Mom! Come downstairs." I told her I would be right there, after the bathroom, of course. She excitedly bound down the stairs. I followed not to far behind. I hear her shushing as I walked down the stairs, and as I rounded the corner she jumped out and said, "SURPRISE! I got them up and dressed them all by myself!" Sure enough, she had done just that! Not only dressed them, but changed two wet toddlers, and put a new diaper on each of them that ALMOST covered their little bottoms! Needless to say I was so proud of her, and grateful for my extra hour of sleep. Anyone need a baby sitter?

So, Cheers to having kids five years apart!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

oh my gosh, that is the best!! WAy to go Olivia, what a kind thing to do for your mom :)!

Tiffany said...

I want to see the picture of Olivia's masterpiece! I kept scrolling down to see if it was there...
~Tiff

j and k said...

That is about the cutest thing ever! What a sweet girl! And, there's truly nothing like that extra hour, huh? Tell Olivia we're so proud of such a sweet big sis!

Sue said...

What a sweet surprise! I can imagine the excitement of Olivia for a job well done. I miss those precious moments while in our "empty nest." Can't wait to share in the joy of grandchildren. We just have to give Emma a little time. Thanks again for sharing!

Fancy Nancy said...

I wish I had that little helper over here! Send her over...