Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Romantic Getaway

Aside from summer family fun, Jon and I did manage to get away overnight to the beautiful city of Victoria, B.C. We took a ferry over to the island, and spent the day and night ALONE. It was incredibly fun, unbelievably romantic, and medicinal to my very soul! WHY don't we do this more often?

Here are some photos of our trip. The highlight of our sightseeing was definately The Buchart Gardens. They are these incredible gardens that the Buchart family created after they had mined limestone off of their property. The gardens include a sunken garden (our favorite), Japanese gardens, and a rose garden.

This is the Buchart family residence. It has been restored and is now home to two fabulous restaraunts and several gift shops.
A very rare photo of just my sweet husband and me!






Here I am in front of the Parliament building.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I was thinking that maybe you could take my kids for a night or two so we can get away...Im sure it wont be TOO overwhelming :) It looks like you had a wonderful time in a BEAUTIFUL setting !

Raina said...

Wow!! What an awesome trip! Great pictures, and those gardens are just too much. I can't imagine the maintenance. Also, those are great summer photos! You are so good at capturing those fun little moments. Too cute!

Phoebe said...

I think everyone shoul try to take a romantic getaway each year.
BTW Cute shirt Jen!

Sue said...

What a fabulous vacation! It's so nice to "steal" away with the one you love every once in awhile. Our summer has slipped away with little time alone. We need to get away too.