Monday, September 24, 2007

Oh the joys of old houses!



So, last night for dinner the kids and I decided to have some waffles and bacon. I know, healthy and well-balanced. Anyways, I started cooking the bacon on my griddle, and plugged in the waffle iron to preheat. The bacon started getting all translucenty and I put in the first waffle. Of course, the twins were screaming, because we had been at the park too long and they were beyond hungry, and Olivia was insisting that she stir the waffle batter, and spray the waffle iron EVERY time. So, moving right along, and I look down to see the lights OFF on both the griddle and the iron! Oh no! So, I move them both over to the ONLY other outlet (out of five) that works in our kitchen. Yea!!! The lights both came on and we were back in business. I get the kids in their highchairs, and get them their milk to tie them over, and go back to check on things, and guess what? The lights are OUT again! And, the fridge light is out, too. So, I am not an electrician, but I do know where the electrical box thingy is and I got an idea, I ran down to flip the breaker to off then back to on. Yea! Lights again, but I figured I was overloading the system, so I made Olivia my pastry chef and put her in charge of cooking the waffles in the BATHROOM!!! It was a pretty funny sight, this bathroom cooking, but we got our waffles and bacon and ate them too! And, Jon was out of town and missed the whole show!

6 comments:

Sue said...

I love a girl that can solve problems. Way to go Jen and Olivia!!

Erin said...

I think waffles sound perfectly swell in the bathroom. Maybe for your next bubble bath?

cryssal said...

I miss our Sunday waffles! Would you eat them in a tub? would you eat them in a sub? Would you, could you.....

Kristen said...

This reminds me of when you first moved in and were remodeling the kitchen..didnt you do alot of bathroom cooking then too? Its great to have options :)

grandma bonnie said...

That's "my girl"!! Never say Never!! You never cease to amaze me sweetie..Ofcouse your waffles would taste great in any part of the house!

Raina said...

Waffles, I'm coming for dinner next time I hear that! And, I think cooking them in the bathroom makes for the best memories. Way to be innovative.