Friday, September 5, 2008

The mouths of babes.....

Jon was taking Olivia to school yesterday when she looked out the window and said,


"What the hell is that?" to something she saw on the side of the road.

Jon, taken back, said, "What did you say???"

To which she replied, "Nothing."

Later last night, O and her dad were watching Planet Earth when again she said, "What the hell is that?"  That's when Jon called me into the room.  He looked at Olivia and told her to tell me what she just said.  She looked afraid.  He said it was fine, she wouldn't get in trouble.  So, she repeated it.  Trying not to laugh, I said, "Where did you hear that?"  (thinking, please don't say me, please don't say me).  She wouldn't fess up, she just said she didn't know.  We explained to her that she could say "What the heck" but that hell is a swear word, and we should not use it.  

We cannot stop laughing about this......are we terrible???

9 comments:

Raina said...

I have no idea where the hell she heard that!

Kristen said...

C'mon, Hell really isnt a swear word....let her say it.


Kidding. I love Raina's comment, toooo funny !

Jen said...

Oh, she must have learned it from Trenton, then!

Nicholle said...

That is so funny! One day while camping, Spencer was trying to open a cheese stick and was having trouble...he said, "Gosh Dammit"!!!
We all laughed so hard!

BIG Brother said...

maybe spending time with Uncle Randy has side effects...

j and k said...

That is so funny! I can't stop laughing. I mean truly, that is so funny! There could be worse things in life...remember the soup story? No, you're not even close to a bad parent!

Fancy Nancy said...

It must be from Raina's house! That is hilarious! I think the first time I said hell, I was walking home from school in the first grade with my best friend. She ran home and tattled on me to her mom, which her mom called my mom, and I got in BIG trouble. It happens!

Erin said...

Didn't you wash her mouth out with soap?

cryssal said...

Tell O Thanks for protecting me. and atta girl!