Friday, February 13, 2009

Olivia's yearly Valentine's Day party....

Olivia has a Valentine's party each year (how did she rope me into that tradition?) and yesterday was the big event.  They decorated cookies, did a fun heart craft, had snacks and played games, all while listening to the awesome HSM 3 soundtrack!  Now that I have it behind me, it was fun!  Second grade girls are a bit silly, but Olivia was smiling all night, so it was definitely worth it!
cute friends!
more cute friends!
cute sister who didn't want to be left out!
some of the finished product...
oh, how I LOVE this holiday!

8 comments:

Phoebe said...

Very cute tradition. Definitely worth keeping around.

cryssal said...

Oh Decorating cookies reminded me of Christmas cookies and now I am missing you guys so way bad! I noticed that they didn't get purple. It looks so fun. Why did I move?

j and k said...

Geez you're nice! WHat a great mom to have such a cute tradition! It looked like fun!

Raina said...

Ahh! This is so cool! I think you're awesome for doing this every year! I love it when you can celebrate a holiday like Valentine's for the kids. It's something they don't expect! Way to go!!!

Gel said...

It looks like they had lots of fun. Glad it turned out and that you survived!! Now you're going to be known as the cool mom that decorates cookies!!

Erin said...

You are the best mom ever! what a darling tradition and obviously one Olivia loves dearly.

Kristen said...

I love this tradition! I miss that Bella isnt a part of it anymore :( that picture with olivia and her friend, I cant get over how grown up she looks, she is adorable! Very cute little party..what a coooooool mom.

Marta said...

Hello, best mom in the whole entire world!! What a fun tradition. I bet you're the coolest mom on the block!