Monday, February 23, 2009

the plunge...

big boy!
yay for bedtime!
so tired!
she 's got everything she needs!
so, we did it!  We took the long-awaited plunge and put our sweet little twins into big kid beds. We might hold the record for kid-caging, maybe I should check into that...it would feel good to win something.  Aren't they adorable, all snug in their beds???  Well, this was them at 8:00 on Saturday night.  At 10:45 on Saturday night, they looked exactly the same....hmmmm.   We thought they would never fall asleep!  But, lo and behold, around 11, all was quiet...until 1:30 when Max decided to back out of the deal all together.  "I don't want a big boy bed," was his cry, and so daddy, to convince him how great his bed was, spent the night in it with him.  Sunday morning Max was still not sure, but after a restless night, he was ready for an early nap.  Since we didn't make it to church (all four kids and mom were under the weather) I mentioned taking a rest around noon.  He didn't pass go.  He grabbed two books and we headed to his room.  I laid by him, read his selections, and then rubbed his back for a few minutes before leaving him in his room.  He fell right asleep and didn't wake until almost four o'clock.  When I went up to get him out of bed, he said, "Mom, I yuv my big boy bed, wanna see it?"  And, for the rest of the day, any time we passed his room he said, "I yuv my bed." So SWEET!  That boy is such a tender heart, I was really holding my breath.  Any transition rocks his world, so we were so happy to hear that the big boy bed won him over.  Sunday night, we put them to bed at 9 o'clock, and they were out by 9:15.  Again, they awoke this morning so happy to have big beds.  Yay!  And, today, they took stellar three hour naps in their beds without any problems or playing.  Now, I'm not assuming that will be the norm, but I am counting each time as a little blessing!

By the way, Molly, in true Molly fashion, had no adjustment period whatsoever.  She LOVES her bed, and she just can't wait to crawl into it each time.  I am so grateful that she is a true BIG sister to Max and comforts him whenever he is unsure.  It is her special role in our family, and I love her for it! 

12 comments:

cryssal said...

Good job with the bed switch, Max's bedding is so Max. And Molly is a princess so hers fits her as well. Miss you guys.

Erin said...

Wow! Job well done. Sounds like they love them, and I would love them too. Their room looks adorable. Now how can i get Brooks to take a 4 hour nap? Impressive.

BIG Brother said...

I swear they are the cutest damn things ever! I'm glad the transition is going so well. nice job mommy!

Jen said...

I love that my cute big brother called them the "cutest damn things" it made me SMILE this morning!

Mandy said...

I agree with your big brother.

BIG Brother said...

sorry if that came out wrong...I hope you know what I meant

j and k said...

I second big bro! They really are! Seriously! They look so old and those beds and bedding are so cute. Martha strikes again!

Nicholle said...

We recently moved Spencer from a toddler bed to bunk bed's with Landon. He is okay, but once in a while he still asks for his little bed!

Aspen said...

I have to agree. Love their bedding. Glad that Max adjusted better than expected.

Gel said...

Nice job!! That is a huge relief huh! The bedspread turned out so cute!! I'm glad that you found it!

Raina said...

There beds are soooo cute! and.. a few rough nights are to expected... although it sounds like it wasn't TOO bad! At least Molly hasn't budged! :D Way to go!

Kristen said...

SUPER CUTE! I love their beds, and they look so happy to be in them :) I love how your brother summed them up..perfection!