Sunday, September 27, 2009

Olivia's party

Olivia's birthday party was Friday night. I took five of her friends to have dinner, bowl, and play games at a really fun spot in town. It was a big hit! Here they are waiting for their dinner!
In the bowling LOUNGE! They have huge screens playing videos from now and THEN. Her friends loved all the "vintage" videos and thought it was hilarious when I said that those were super popular when I was their age, like "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." They all stared at me in amazement, like I was a real, live dinosaur, and then started laughing hysterically!
Here is the birthday cake. Spare me your compliments. Save them for Baskin Robbins.
Olivia is still saying, "Mom, that was the funnest party EVER," so I will call it a SUCCESS!

8 comments:

j and k said...

What a fun party! Bowling is the best...as are the vintage vids...I can sing ALL the lyrics to that fabulous song (and I guess you could too you dinosaur). REally fun party. I'm glad she had a blast!

cryssal said...

It looks like a ton of fun!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

You always look way too cute to be a dinosaur. Too funny though. Way to make it through all the birthdays!

Erin said...

So funny about the vintage videos, I woner what they would have done when I reinacted the entire "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" movie from memory...start to finish. Who's the dinosaur now? happy birthday Olivia. Bowling is a great birthday party idea, I am sure it was a blast for all!

Raina said...

You dinosaur! This is a way hip party and you MADE IT!!! Another year until the big birthday craziness. What fun!!!

Gel said...

Glad she had a good time and that it was a sucess and that u survived all the parties.. Now u need to rest for awhile!

Kristen said...

AWH, look at those CUTE girls! FUn place, we have to go someday :) You are SUPER mom Jen :)

grandma bonnie said...

What a bunch of cuties! What do you think they would think of my videos of "Doing the Mash Potato"??? Or "The Swim"? Man, I can still remember those sockhops...wow!! Glad your September Birthday month is over for you...relax now and get ready for the October ones...scarey, huh?